I've been into the alternative music scene since the 80's, growing up in north London on a healthy diet of Bowie, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Joy Division, New Order and The Smiths.
I first started DJing at a friend's indie night 'Spiders' in 1997. Since then I have built up an extensive alternative music collection and have played at various London venues and club nights as well as promoting my own nights.
When I'm DJing I believe strongly in breaking down barriers between different types of music, and feel that it is vital to listen to what a crowd wants. I'm not afraid to mix different genres and aim to create a fun - attitude free night, with something for everyone to enjoy no matter what their musical tastes are. I just want people to enjoy the music as much as I do!
A MacBook Pro used with a Pioneer DDJ-SR DJ controller with Serato software.
Two Pioneer CDJ-350 CD decks with DJM-400 mixer.
Some of my favorite tracks...
- The House Of Love 'Shine On'
- The Smiths 'The Queen Is Dead'
- Joy Division 'Warsaw'
- David Bowie 'Queen Bitch'
- Buzzcocks 'Boredom'
- Violent Femmes 'Blister In The Sun'
- Mudhoney 'Touch Me I'm Sick'
- The Nerves 'Hanging On The Telephone'
- Bis 'Kandy Pop'
- The Stills 'Still In Love Song'
- Belle & Sebastian 'Le Pastie de la Bourgeoisie'
- Stereolab 'French Disko'
- Lilys 'Nanny In Manhattan'
- Modest Mouse 'Float On'
- My Bloody Valentine 'Only Shallow'
- Sonic Youth 'Bull In The Heather'
- The Associates 'Party Fears Two'
- The Teardrop Explodes 'Reward'
- XTC 'Senses Working Overtime'
- Grandaddy 'The Crystal Lake'
- Weezer 'Buddy Holly'
- Harvey Danger 'Flagpole Sitta'
- They Might Be Giants 'Birdhouse In My Soul'
- Furniture 'Brilliant Mind'
- Dub Pistols (feat. Terry Hall) 'Problem Is'
View or download my promotional flyer here
Find me on...